- Content Federation System (CFS) module is used to manage web content, allowing multiple contributors to create, edit, and publish.
- Multiple users can log on and contribute, schedule, or edit content to be published.
- The following are the basic features of the CFS module:
- Content creation (allows users to easily create and format content)
- Content storage (stores content in one place, in a consistent fashion)
- Publishing (organizes and pushes content live)
- Tracking (monitor activity logs)
This is the home page which will contain information in blocks like content status wise, publishing wise, etc.
2.1. CFS_Admin Dashboard
This section contains the configuration detail related to the CFS module.
Only the admin with the rights of CFS can view and access it.
3.1. List of Category
In this field, CFS_Admin can define the title of the type of content.
Admin can view the details by clicking onicon available in front of every entry.
Admin can edit/update the details by clicking on theicon available.
Admin can add publishing category by clicking on the "Add Publishing Category" button present on the top right side of the portal and fill in the required details.
4.3. Add Content
cfs_ou_admin can add new content by clicking on "Add Content" button present on the top right side of the portal and fill in the required details:
- Category(Select from dropdown)
- Organisational Unit(Select from dropdown)
- Title Description
- Event Start Date(Select from Calendar)
- Event End Date(Select from Calendar)
- Post Expiration Date(Post Will be moved to Archive automatically, once the date is exceeded)
CFS_OU_Admin/CFS_Admin can view the details by clicking onicon available in front of every entry. After adding content it needs to be submitted by clicking on the "Submit To The University" button so that it can be approved by the CFS_Admin.
S/He can add pictures by clicking on the "Add pictures" button present on the right side of the portal. A pop up will appear where the picture needs to be chosen and uploaded.
OU Admin can update/edit the details by clicking on icon.
Admin can submit the added/updated details by clicking on theicon available.
Once the Submit button is clicked changes cannot be done.
Once the details are submitted by the CFS_OU_admin, it goes to the CFS_Admin "content" section. CFS_Admin can perform actions by clickingicon.
He/she can then Approve/Hold/Reject accordingly by clicking on respective buttons present on the top right side of the portal, prompting a message to add a comment for this action.
Once the content is approved by the CFS_Admin it has to be published by clickingicon.
CFS_Admin/CFS_OU_Admin can track the action taken on their content at any time.
- For CFS_Admin:- He/She can track the all content lifecycle at a single place. For that he/she needs to go to the tracking section.
- For CFS_OU_Admin:- He/She can track their content lifecycle individually. He/She needs to click on "Track" Button present in front of each content entry.
|1||cfs_admin||Configure the setting, approve & publish the content, track the content lifecycle, etc.|
|2||cfs_admin_view||Same role as CFS_Admin but with viewing rights only.|
|3||cfs_ou_admin||Can add content, submit it, and track their content lifecycle.|